The Monkey in the Restaurant
Monkeys need veggies and small amounts of protein when ordering in restaurants.
Four Monkey Tips for Eating Italian:
- Choose vegetarian pasta dishes, marinara, and light wine sauces; light fish or small amounts of chicken in combination with vegetables and pasta make a great Giraffe choice, such as Caprese pasta or linguine and mussels in wine sauce.
- Bruschetta and roasted or marinated veggies make great appetizers!
- Have a glass of red wine if you are inclined to have a drink with dinner.
- Some seasonal fresh fruit makes a great Monkey dessert. Try melon and strawberries with balsamic vinegar.
Sample Italian Monkey Meal: Whole wheat angel hair pasta with fresh tomato basil sauce, dark greens and fresh tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette dressing; and poached pear for dessert.
Four Monkey Tips for Eating Asian:
- Rice or noodle dishes mixed with lots of vegetables and/or tofu or chicken make great Monkey meals. Pad Thai, Stir fryâ€™s and other Asian mixed dishes are right up the Monkey alley!
- Vegetable spring rolls make a great start to an Asian meal!
- Be sure to include one of the delicious herbal teas that are on the menu!
- You can read your fortune and eat it too â€“ one small fortune cookie is fine for a monkey.
Sample Asian Monkey Meal: Vegetable potsticker appetizer, tofu and vegetable pad thai with fresh ginger ale.
Four Monkey Tips for Eating Mexican:
- Start with your meal with a delicious bowl of black bean soup.
- Vegetarian dishes such as refried bean enchiladas or vegetable and shrimp fajitas are good Mexican Monkey choices.
- Fresh salsa, marinated veggies, and fresh fruit with lime make great appetizers.
- Iced tea or water with lime make for refreshing thirst quenchers!
Sample Mexican Monkey Meal: Two soft corn tortillas filled pineapple, sautÃ©ed peppers, and a small portion of BBQ chicken or diced onion and cilantro, and spicy salsa, mixed with Spanish rice and black beans topped with a small portion of blackened fish.
Four Monkey Tips for Eating American:
- Choose a delicious veggie wrap with soup or salad.
- Want a burger? Go for a black bean or vegetarian burger. Or try some grilled fish such as grouper.
- Grilled chicken and fish dishes are great Monkey choices.
- Rice pilaf, whole grain rice, potatoes with skins, and corn on the cob are good Monkey starches.
Sample American Monkey Meal: Grilled BBQ chicken strips served atop a bed of rice pilaf served with mixed vegetables and a dark green side salad with vinaigrette dressing.
You can see, following your Hauser Diet can be delicious, easy, and fun! As a Monkey, look beyond just the meat options! Just take a minute to analyze your food choices. Youâ€™ll be surprised at how easy it is! If you need some help getting on the right road for eating on the road â€“ give us a call or make an appointment online!