This is a great snack you can whip up for munching on or to serve as your veggie with a meal. Roasting the cauliflower takes it to the next level of yumminess! The combination of caramelized roasted cauliflower and slightly burnt onions is delicious! ENJOY! This recipe is simple and delicious – even your non-vegetable loving friends will love it!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 T olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with onion, thyme, garlic, and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally until almost tender, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, toss to combine, and roast until tender, about 10-12 minutes longer.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
As a cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower deserves to be in your regular rotation of vegetables in your weekly menus… It contains an impressive array of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and other phytochemicals. Cauliflower is sulfur containing thus it is helpful toward cancer prevention, boosting heart & brain health and is a natural anti-inflammatory. Cauliflower provides much of your daily fiber needs and also contains a good amount of protein and packs a lot of vitamins!