Eat Your Vegetables!
We all need to eat more vegetables! Instead of always making regular lettuce salad, this type of salad is something different and provides a lot of great nutrition! It is definitely a crowd-pleaser! It is SO YUMMY! I have even made it with organic salami because I did not have any bacon. Comments to the online version of this recipe were “crack green beans!” because they are so darn good! It will not disappoint!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips organic bacon, cooked crumbled (or prosciutto)
- Balsamic glaze or fresh parsley garnish (optional)
What to do:
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Fry in a pan with the 2 (or more)
cloves of garlic until fully cooked. Remove from pan & place
into a small bowl.
- Cook green beans until tender in a pan of water, about 5-10
minutes. Do not overcook. Drain & pat dry.
- Toss beans with tomatoes in a bowl.
- For dressing: In the bacon pan, whisk together olive oil, lemon
juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture. Add garlic bacon.
Toss to coat. Cover and chill or set at room temperature*.
(approximately 3 hours)
- Arrange attractively on white plate. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Optional: Drizzle with balsamic glaze or parsley. Beautiful!